• Sonic Blast ★ Speed Past Boring!

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
Site Name: Sonic Blast
URL: www.sonicblast.org
Type: Forum
Site Info: When it comes to Sonic Forums, there is no substitute. Sonic HQ is the place to be! Welcome to the next level of Sonic communities. We offer a friendly, focused environment for all ages that social media giants simply cannot provide. Speed past boring with an inventive ranking structure that rewards the user and unique-to-our-subject designs. Focusing on one subject gives us the freedom to solely cater to you, the fan, to provide an experience you deserve. You can bet all of your rings on it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
I think I was a member many years ago. Any reason why you didn't use a bot to convert all your old stuff?
You were! Dashing was one of our affiliates. As far as scraping the old Forum, idk. I kinda wanted to start fresh. Having over a million posts is really just for bragging. Those old posts don’t do anything for discussion.

I am actually glad we made the switch. Being self hosted just makes me feel way more freedom. We joined up and are part of Sonic HQ now too. I always wanted a website but never had the time to keep the code updated and now we have one that’s simple and automated. Sonic HQ just celebrated its twentieth anniversary this year. They were also the first website to announce Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

Reactions: fantanoice

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
Wow, you're doing amazing things right now. I don't know if I'd be strong enough to lose over a million posts though. But glad to see you're self-hosted.
Don't forget to submit your site for Community of The Month!
Thank you. I will probably do that in the future for November. Yeah it was hard to give that up but there was no choice. If we stuck with where we were going it would have been losing our core values we have had from the start.

We've just added a few more things like custom thread icons, using points to buy custom usertitles, style your threads, and more. You can also customize your profile to have your own song playing in it if you want. Any feedback is welcome!

Reactions: Jerlene

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
I've been tweaking the skin and adding a few new features like new smilies and a shop/achievements system. We are now doing a new competition for Sonic Mania, please check us out! Let me know what we can do to improve?

Ravenisawesome

Resident
Aug 4, 2012
Mobius
FP$
Sonic Blast is one of my favorite Sonic forums. :) I go by Ravenfreak there, and I think I joined back in 2013. I'm glad you're on self hosting now, and it's cool to see that you've merged with Sonic HQ too!

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
Sonic Blast is one of my favorite Sonic forums. :) I go by Ravenfreak there, and I think I joined back in 2013. I'm glad you're on self hosting now, and it's cool to see that you've merged with Sonic HQ too!
Hey thanks! I remember you! Yeah we had to move because Zetaboards got bought out. We partnered with Sonic HQ before that though and they graciously hosted the forum software. Way more advanced than before with way more features, not to mention an overhauled design.

Reactions: Ravenisawesome

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
Lots of recent discussion here about the initial reveal and delay of the movie. Team Sonic Racing just launched and it is getting positive word of mouth. Also added quite a bit of new features but overall we are focusing on content. We proudly offer a friendly, focused environment for all ages that social media giants simply cannot provide. Let us know what your thoughts are on the movie's initial trailer!