After learning PHP, You use book or online site?

DewlanceVPS

Acquaintance
Aug 16, 2015
FP$
Hello,

I am learning PHP/MySQL and I hope that I will complete my all tutorials within 2 or 3 month or maximum 6 month.

When first time you started coding, Do you use books while making your software?

I mean we can learn full course but can't remember every function and we will need a reference book or tutorial to remember it again and again so you use book or online site while making php software?

Thanks.

tgtwizted

New Arrival
Sep 3, 2017
United States
triadgaming.net
FP$
I've used books in the past for other languages, and still keep a few handy for things I don't use that often. The problem with some is that they become outdated very quickly, so you don't know if you're following best practices and such anymore. These days I mostly use the internet to search around. Depending on the language will sometimes determine the site, but for general troubleshooting Stack Overflow is great.

TalesofCrime

Reviewer
Aug 28, 2017
talesofcrime.com
FP$
Hey DewlanceVPS,

I'm a self taught developer and I found the best way to learn is to take a Content Management Framework or Content Management System and backwards engineer it. I think it takes many years to learn and remember many php functions, as long as you get the basic ones and then just use the PHP reference website. This website is good to ask for help and find answers to issues you might be having that people have had many times before you. It's saved my life many, many times!

Azareal

Paragon
I have some thick books which you could use as weapons to fight against zombies, but I also read a lot of things online.

Sometimes, I'll watch Google developing the Go Compiler or go through the code they've publically released in the standard library.