Can Designing be learned?

EfficientNinja

New Arrival
Apr 27, 2018
FP$
Hello, Web and Graphic Designers!

Graphics Designing can be pretty easy for designers because they do it on a daily basis. They are also blessed with good eyes for knowing which designs are good and which ones aren't. These people also have genius levels of creativity when it comes to creating unique designs.

So my question is, can Designing be learned? Or are you blessed with these talents as a kid and can only be honed if you have it?

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
I'm learning it. A lot of it is a science, as you have to understand how the human mind thinks to a certain extent and what applications of a design help them to best achieve their goal.

A good portion of it is... Pulling their attention to things that matter, not confusing them with conflicting signals, and not breaking their expectations of how they expect things to work. E.g. Menus are usually at the top.

• Winner
Reactions: Rick Ace

Jax

Addicted
Jul 28, 2011
London, United Kingdom
www.jackbaker.uk
FP$

Graphics Designing can be pretty easy for designers because they do it on a daily basis. They are also blessed with good eyes for knowing which designs are good and which ones aren't. These people also have genius levels of creativity when it comes to creating unique designs.

So my question is, can Designing be learned? Or are you blessed with these talents as a kid and can only be honed if you have it?
The simple answer is: Yes, you can learn how to design.

What I will say is that you can learn all the trends and structures, the creative part comes later. its all a matter of trial and error, you have to be bad to be good. Same rule applies to anything

fayeseom

New Arrival
Dec 18, 2015
FP$
Ofcourse yes. You can learn designing and can become even better than someone who is blessed with designing talent. If you work hard for it, your mind will automatically adapt to its creativity.

DylRicho

#ForThePeople
Jan 30, 2012
Venus
cpugrade.com
FP$

Those who have particularly creative minds will most likely find themselves doing these kinds of things from an early age. That doesn't stop others from learning, no matter their age. You could say it's just a natural advantage for those people.

I started in Microsoft Paint with very bold, eye-destroying colors. Like most things, it will usually come down to practice, and getting used to color combinations that do and don't work.

Best of luck. :)

D

Deleted member 5665

I have quite a lot of designing and I will tell you this. Designing can be "learned" but it also comes from inspirations it is a art. Every single human has the basic ability to be creative, but not many people use it as much as others. You have to bring out that inner desire to do something creative which everyone can do. So what I would recommend for you to do is to do something that inspires you to bring it into the field of designing if it is gaming, music, anything if something brings you joy and inspires you to do something you bring it into fruition and you create it and design it in the image you want it to be.

It comes down to you and no one else to bring out your own form of creativity, yeah it is true some people may not like your work that is simply reality, but there are others that will. Don't worry about who you please, but what you personally achieve with your own creative mind.

Graphic Designer
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
gtmemes.com
FP$
Of course it can be learned. There is tons of trial and error involved. And ALOT of tutorials on the internet to help you along. I started using Photoshop back in the early 2000s (ya i am that old lol) and i started simply making forum signatures. And eventually branched out from there working on diffrent things.

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
The thing with a lot of "talent" is that you're usually comparing yourself to someone who started much earlier than you did. I won't say it doesn't entirely exist, but a lot of the time passion == "talent".

Also, this one is more programming, but you also want to be open-minded and experiment with new things, otherwise you become an expert beginner with a rigid view of the world based on one ecosystem.

One reason why programmers hang up using ten languages as a sign of pride.

Folk Artist

Acquaintance
Dec 12, 2018
FP$
Both graphic design and web design can be learned in your own way- but the difference between a web graphics designer and a graphics designer is the medium. Web designers have to create websites that load fast and run efficiently- you have to account for things like file size, screen resolution, along with overall speed and performance, and the graphic designer does not do any programming.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
You can definitely learn design principles
Not everyone is gifted with the art of being artistic!
However, you can replicate that beauty

There are design standards that are easy to learn if you apply yourself
Practice helps obviously. Not every artist or designer was blessed with skills. Even a painter has to steady their hand & get better. A sculptor must learn how to smooth the edges & mold the clay before they can create something beautiful. Many artists may have an idea in their head that they can't translate. And some people aren't artistically minded, but they can translate a concept better than someone who is.

JJakez

Certified Loser
Forum Sponsor
Feb 7, 2014
Florida, United States
FP$
Actually, yes. I'm a graphic design student, and I taught myself. After watching endless videos and tons of research, I have achieved many things that I've always wanted to do. It took me about 3 years to get where I want to be, and I decided I wanted to take this career path two years ago.