Jun 11, 2010
New Zealand
pixelstax.com
FP$
Re: Win a FREE Xenforo License!

ShadyX said:
Some Questions:

Who's paying for the license?

Why are user's with warnings not allowed to enter? Doesn't that seem unfair that people who have warning's are excluded from forumpromotion competitions and treated differently than other members? I can understand that rule about applying for staff - I see no reason for people with warnings to be excluded from contests though.
The staff decided to not include them because it's to reward the members who haven't broken a rule recently.

:)

The Elite

Resident
Apr 19, 2011
Australia
FP$

I believe I should get this license, because in all honesty, when I work on a forum project I actually provide unique content and customisation, not a default install and unreal expectations of growth. This would be a wise investment as I wouldn't put this to crappy use (sorry for the arrogance), but instead would give back to many members by providing them a great service.

sapper said:
Hmm that sounds fine, but you will need to upgrade at some point to be able to take advantage of new add ons as far as I know they are not written as back compatible.
With the Resource Manager, you can download previous versions of any free add-on to install on your outdated xenForo forum (aka using an expired license for your forum).

ZINC said:
nor may users who already own licenses.
I wonder how you'll ever know, heehee.. :p

Luke

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
New Zealand
pixelstax.com
FP$

Marc said:
sapper said:
Hmm that sounds fine, but you will need to upgrade at some point to be able to take advantage of new add ons as far as I know they are not written as back compatible.
With the Resource Manager, you can download previous versions of any free add-on to install on your outdated xenForo forum (aka using an expired license for your forum).

ZINC said:
nor may users who already own licenses.
I wonder how you'll ever know, heehee.. :p
I'm sure Xenforo will tell us if it ends up the LEGIT details you give us match something else ;)

tuneboard

Acquaintance
Jan 29, 2012
FP$

I would like to win an XenForo license because: My job and company, as a web development agency, could be expensive. We have to pay for many services just for us to make money. These services being web hosting, hiring other web developers & designers, softwares such as this, and much more. Imagine having to spend $xxxx just to make $xxx. It gets hard. By offering me this license you could expect elegant and stunning new themes for XenForo for reasonably cheap prices. We need the license to legally create and distribute the skins to the public and in this economy purchasing it ourselves is possible yes but hard due to all of the expenses. I would greatly appreciate having this license and maybe in return we could offer some design services if it is wanted ;). Thanks for reading and I appreciate you giving my company and I the opportunity to expand into a wider variety of software.

Luke

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
New Zealand
pixelstax.com
FP$

Marc said:
ZINC said:
I'm sure Xenforo will tell us if it ends up the LEGIT details you give us match something else ;)
Their privacy policy says otherwise, :p
Well if you own a forum with Xenforo on it would be fair to say you most likely own the license, I know most of the people who own licenses here.

Brad

Paragon
Mar 31, 2010
FP$

I think I should take the XenForo license as, very soon me and my partner will be working on our new company, we really want to be top notch, everything has to be perfect, what's more perfect than a XenForo license. What will it do for us? Well we will be creating designs, mods and a lot of seo stuff, for our community we want XenForo, we can then show of what we can really do. If you do allow us to get this awesome licence we will use it wisely and will keep on giving 100% to keep it useful.

Thanks.

noreturn

Addicted
Mar 20, 2011
FP$

I have a few boards I have planned for this summer, and one of the particular forums I am thinking about starting has some amazing potential. I think if I could get paid software that mostly everyone appreciate and has respect for I will already be off to a great jump start. Though I am still learning my way around such a large world I would love to try out new forum software I have only been a member of and never even seen the admin panel. If I win and I learn how to use the software good I would love to come on FP and share my knowledge about the new software. I can survive with my forum I have been working on like crazy for the last week; I think if I won this contest it would make everyone here like the amazing idea even better.

Thanks for hosting this competition, best of luck to all!

Joshua F

Familiar Face
Jul 15, 2009
FP$

I have been recently trying to bring up a site but have nothing to use on it, I have also been wanting to develop for XenForo, but I do not have enough money to buy a license. I could easily stick with using free forum scripts, but I'd prefer to have a paid one for many obvious reasons. If I were to win the license, I would get a site up and running, and start producing applications/mods for the XenForo community.

Thanks,
Joshua F

Brum26

Acquaintance
May 5, 2012
FP$

Man, I better start posting to try and get enough FP$. lol

BeerMan

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 16, 2012
www.enderpiginc.com
FP$

I have been working on forums since 2003 and it seems I come up with ideas for my subject matter that I can't seem to find anywhere. I've been with proboards, hyperboards, mybb, lefora, forumotion, iforumer, boardhost, freeforums, forumsindex, and there was one other I can't remember. None of these have been able to offer proper support or even been able to support the plugins or anything they claim to support. I've submitted each one to search engines, (yes I know a few of them were subdomains) but none seem to be able to bring in any type of members. My ideas may be odd, I admit, but I've seen a whole lot worse. I don't have the financial means to go around and buy all the fancy gadgetry that I've seen on xenforo, point blank. I think if I were to obtain xenforo I would be able to finally take a breather and not worry about constant updates because things go wrong on the server side of the partnership.

Thank you for your time.

JBMedia

Reputable
Jul 1, 2011
FP$

I would love to have the opportunity to receive an Xenforo License. I've held many forums in my past, unfortunately all of them have been under free license forum software. A big part of the reasons my older forums never worked out was because I wasn't able to stay constant with times and purchase forum software. Unfortunately, as of right now, I am still in the same boat.

The forum I would plan on opening up if I was the one to receive this license would be to have it corresponding with a blog I'm planning on unleashing in the very near future. It's always been kind of a silly dream of mine to help people figure out their financial problems in life. Whether it's with their business, income, or personal well being due to financial matters. I've always wanted a medium to write and help people figure out solutions to their problems regarding money and their financial wellfare.

This license would help me do exactly that. I've always wanted to give to a community something I was never taught when I was young. Of course, I do plan on having it for all audiences, but I want to focus the target group to younger individuals so they can learn things we didn't learn when we were young regarding finances, personal wealth, and personal freedom.

I would be humbled by your offer if I were to receive this license and I promise to not let it go to waste.

Thank you for your time and the opportunity of this contest ZINC. It is deeply appreciated by all the members here.

TheNova

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jun 15, 2011
UK
FP$

Thank you for the contest ZINC. I have sent in my statement and wish everyone the best of luck.