Corrupt and Bonehead Democratic Party

Eussbig

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 17, 2018
FP$
PATRIOT Act? Bipartisan. War in Iraq? Bipartisan. NDAA? Bipartisan, and strongly supported by Barack Obama, who was a constitutional lawyer in his past life. Democrats and Republicans alike are in love with the TPPA, and the Democrats are just as much to blame as the Republicans for the fact that we still don't have single-payer. There are a few isolated issues where the Democrats are in line with real liberal values, but they are few and far between. When it comes to most of the issues that matter, Democrats are just as happy to stick to the status quo as the Republicans. They also made sure that Hillary Clinton, who has a long history of being a "Third Way" Democrat (which is code for being a Republican with a "D" behind her name), beat Bernie Sanders in the primary. The Democratic Party is not fighting for ordinary citizens.
Hillary Clinton is a liberal Democrat. Look at her voting record. And don't cherry pick the times she sided with the GOP. Look at her voting record as a whole. It's liberal, and 93% in alignment with Bernie Sanders.

You decided to cherry pick the times the Democrats sided with the GOP on certain conservative issues, but as whole, the Democrats is a much more friendly party for regular citizens.

In addition, I'd like a Democrat who knows how things work. Centrist Democrats aren't opposed to universal healthcare, they just want to find realistic ways to achieve that, and Bernie's plans are simply not plausible. He wants Medicare for All, and yet tries to cut Medicare spending at the same time. That is simply not possible. We have to spend more on Medicare if we want Medicare for all. Bernie is able to unite progressives and get them to support causes, but as for the actual policymaking and bills... leave that up to the people who actually have realistic solutions, like Durbin or Bennet.

Yes, the Patriot Act, War In Iraq, and NDAA were all passed with bipartisan support, but there has also been plenty of times the Dems decided to side with the people. I only listed 4 times because there were so many, and I wanted to stick with the highlights, but if you're still not convinced both parties aren't the same, I can list 20 more times the Dems sided with the people.

The fact is that while both parties may be bad for the US, one is definitely worse, and that's the GOP. Furthermore, political parties will always exist in the US. Political parties aren't the problem in the US. If we got rid of political parties, there'd still be plenty of partisanship. If we take a look at Nebraska, they have a "nonpartisan" state legislature where people are supposed to affiliate with no parties. But do they? Although the state legislature members are "nonpartisan" by law, they are de facto part of a party. The like minded members will form factions, which turn into voting blocs, which will turn into parties, whether the government recognizes the parties or not. You can hate on political parties all you like, but they will always exist, as like minded people will want to work with each other on issues.

Last edited:

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
]Hillary Clinton is a liberal Democrat. Look at her voting record. And don't cherry pick the times she sided with the GOP. Look at her voting record as a whole. It's liberal, and 93% in alignment with Bernie Sanders.
She and Bill worked very closely with Republicans in the '90s to continue Reagan's agenda. Where's her support for a livable minimum wage? Where is her opposition to the death penalty? She didn't support gay marriage until 2013. It was Bernie, not Hillary, who declared that "Black Lives Matter" in the Democratic debate. She wants us involved in as many wars as possible and accepts a ton of corporate money.

I never said that political parties are the problem, but we need more than two political parties, especially when those two political parties are strongly in alignment on many of the issues.

• Agree
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I know a thing or two about dealing with bonehead people, sadly.

Hillary worked with the GOP closely for some years, but that's when it was okay to work with the other party. :p

• Haha
Reactions: DylRicho

Eussbig

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 17, 2018
FP$
]Hillary Clinton is a liberal Democrat. Look at her voting record. And don't cherry pick the times she sided with the GOP. Look at her voting record as a whole. It's liberal, and 93% in alignment with Bernie Sanders.
She and Bill worked very closely with Republicans in the '90s to continue Reagan's agenda. Where's her support for a livable minimum wage? Where is her opposition to the death penalty? She didn't support gay marriage until 2013. It was Bernie, not Hillary, who declared that "Black Lives Matter" in the Democratic debate. She wants us involved in as many wars as possible and accepts a ton of corporate money.

I never said that political parties are the problem, but we need more than two political parties, especially when those two political parties are strongly in alignment on many of the issues.
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/05/us/politics/05clinton.html
Clinton worked with African Americans to organize a two day strike due to the assassination of MLK. She doesn't need to say "Black Lives Matter" to prove she supports African Americans. Her work alone already shows she cares. It's also why African Americans were overwhelmingly in support of her over Bernie in the Democratic Primaries. They know what she's done to help the African American community. Bernie does a good talk about helping African Americans, Hillary has actually helped them.

Oh, and she also made Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, a nonprofit organization to help children out. She also served on several boards regarding education, legal justice, and children's hospital. If she didn't care about livable minimum wage, why would she make the 1993 Healthcare plan for insurance for all Americans? She also voted against Bush's tax cuts, which would've benefited the wealthy heavily.

And yeah, true. Clinton didn't support gay marriage until 2013. So? Political views change. If someone was racist 20 years ago but now supports equality for all, would you still hold them accountable for their racist views they had 20 years ago that is no longer relevant?

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
I just find the timing a bit convenient. Obama and Biden had a sudden "change of heart" on gay marriage when the 2012 election was coming up because public opinion was turning and they needed to throw liberals some crumbs to guarantee that they wouldn't bolt to Jill Stein.

I don't believe that Hillary Clinton is a racist by any means, and I'm sure that she has done some things to help the black community. While she certainly has advocated for some commendable causes, she still has a very checkered past and present. There are some Democrats out there that are certainly worthy of support, but I cannot support their agenda as a whole. We need more political parties that represent a larger spectrum of politcal ideology.

Eussbig

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 17, 2018
FP$
I just find the timing a bit convenient. Obama and Biden had a sudden "change of heart" on gay marriage when the 2012 election was coming up because public opinion was turning and they needed to throw liberals some crumbs to guarantee that they wouldn't bolt to Jill Stein.

I don't believe that Hillary Clinton is a racist by any means, and I'm sure that she has done some things to help the black community. While she certainly has advocated for some commendable causes, she still has a very checkered past and present. There are some Democrats out there that are certainly worthy of support, but I cannot support their agenda as a whole. We need more political parties that represent a larger spectrum of politcal ideology.
Well, at least we can find common ground on that second paragraph of yours.

Reactions: Princess MeowsePad

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team

The two parties - carried to extremes - would be too much I think.

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess

The two parties - carried to extremes - would be too much I think.
I think that two parties that represent only two extremes of the political spectrum would be bad as well. There should be many parties that represent a wide variety of ideologies.