How Hard Would It Be to Change Hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie 1988 Forum

Resident
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
As most of you know, Chatting Time is currently hosted on SMF New. I took a gander at the support forum and a lot of posts are over two years old. I'd like to migrate to either phpbb or mybb any suggestions for a good FREE hosts?

OK more bad news: just looked at the support forum again and it doesn't look like you can do your own backups. Which means we'll have to start from scratch. I'll send out a news letter when we find a new home and get set up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Luckily the forum doesn't seem to have much content, yet.
Always recommended to use a host that offers backups to be downloaded.

• Agree
Reactions: Marie 1988 Forum

Marie 1988 Forum

Resident
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
Well don't have too much going on yet. I did, however, find one promising looking phpbb host that seems to have excellent features and uptime. If we were to do as well now as we were this time in 2010, I would have been majorly pissed

And see how much space they offer. My host offers 2GB or little more free backup.. But I passed that

Ravenisawesome

Resident
Aug 4, 2012
Mobius
FP$
Jcink is a free host that allows you to download backups of your forum. Proboards doesn't and they also charge you for adding a domain name I think. But they're okay for a forum host, though members will need to create a global account to join any Proboards hosted forum.

Marie 1988 Forum

Resident
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
Jcink is a free host that allows you to download backups of your forum. Proboards doesn't and they also charge you for adding a domain name I think. But they're okay for a forum host, though members will need to create a global account to join any Proboards hosted forum.
Im on Proboards now. Not crazy about the no backup or charging for a domain name, but it's way more professional than SMF and when I registered the forum, I tried to go with the easiest to remember sub-domain is could. This topic may be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.