Jul 21, 2009
Southern USA
FP$
Re: How to build? Something to connect to 3g and convert to

Dennis said:
Aly said:
Dennis said:
Well Ive tried searching and so far found this:

1. Download the LG pc sync software [aka LG PCSuite] here http://www.lg.com/uk/support-mobile/lg-U900#pcsync (which is for pc)

2. Extract to the desktop and start the installer, then select "internet kit" from the menu.

3. Once you have installed the internet kit, go to the start menu and type "lg" and run the internet kit application.

4. Go back to the installer where you installed the internet kit from and choose to install the usb driver.

5. Connect the phone to your pc with a usb data cable [if you dont have one you want this one http://www.amazon.com/iNcido-Brand-900G ... B005HF4D2O but just check thats the right one first..

6. Now go back to the Internet kit application, Click the "new" button with the phone and the plus symbol, Enter all the required details.

7. Select the profile you made, then click on the modem button on the right, choose your phone from the dropdown list and click ok.

8. Click connect and then start your web browser. [i suggest you get the opera browser http://www.opera.com/ and use the turbo mode which compresses webpages and saves data costs and also speeds up page loading. Also you may want to disable the loading of images in the settings to firther save data costs].

Thats it, then you should be able to access the internet. :)
Doesn't work for mine :/ 900G not U900 :(
Thank you though. I'll just go without internet.
The software is the same for each phone, It should work. :)
Doesn't recognize mine :( Plus mine isn't listed on the site.

Venom

Seasoned Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Behind You
FP$

Ah, Maybe becuase thats the uk site, let me check the us one.

Justin

Legendary Typer
Jul 2, 2009
America
FP$

InRomoWeTrust said:
Sorry, you're out of luck. You can't magically pull a mobile signal from the sky for free WiFi.
By that statement we probably wouldn't have many of the cool electronics we have today, such as computers.

Sorry, I have nothing for you, what I do have for you is to tell you it is possible. I don't have the means or knowledge of how to do it but it can be done. Maybe not the most legally or Terms following fashion. But hey, do it and you could be famous

Venom

Seasoned Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Behind You
FP$

AndroidOS said:
Thinking about it, this is theoretically possible, but it would require you to take some of your gadgets apart and do a lot of soldering. ;)
Actually you'd most prbably just need to 'get' the networks admin password or somthing and login , then free internet. :p<br /><br />-- 24 Mar 2013, 17:38 --<br /><br />
AndroidOS said:
Thinking about it, this is theoretically possible, but it would require you to take some of your gadgets apart and do a lot of soldering. ;)
Actually you'd most prbably just need to 'get' the networks admin password or somthing and login , then free internet. :p

AndroidOS

Paragon
Jan 30, 2012
England
FP$

Dennis said:
AndroidOS said:
Actually you'd most prbably just need to 'get' the networks admin password or somthing and login , then free internet. :p

-- 24 Mar 2013, 17:38 --

AndroidOS said:
Not if you want to convert 3G to wifi. You'd have to do a bit more than that. :p

Aly

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 21, 2009
Southern USA
FP$

See, I figured it was possible. I listed those gadgets because I'm willing to shred them apart ;)

If you have any suggestions or could point me in the directions of how to do it, I'd love to try!

Venom

Seasoned Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Behind You
FP$

Aly said:
See, I figured it was possible. I listed those gadgets because I'm willing to shred them apart ;)

If you have any suggestions or could point me in the directions of how to do it, I'd love to try!
Ok so you want a 3g receiver, lan network cable and wifi network booster, connect the output of the 3g modem [what youd connect to a pc] to the input of the wifi booster/broadcaster.

You still need to pay for data.

Or get a network password, which you would most probable have to obtain illegally, but i dont recommend doing that. ;p