Leaving FP

• Thread starter Deleted member 44219
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deleted member 44219

Hey there, everybody. I figured that as of today, I'll be leaving FP(Again), and no. I won't be coming back(Unlike my first leave in which I came back after about 19 Days).

So the Reason I am leaving FP is entirely different from the first time I left. And the Reason is because of what I've been caught up in recently. I've been caught up in a few things...That I guess you could say are a bit controversial, at least. Now, I'm not going to give an Answer as it it does involve Information that I received through Private-Messages and revealing what was in them could be breaking the Rules(And might have this Thread taken down).

Another Reason is because I've simply grown tired of FP. Nothing Interesting really goes on here. And there has been a lot of Stuff that recently that I'd say has Impacted FP and my Views on it(E.g. Server Outages). It's because of things like the Server Outage that my Views on FP have changed drastically and it makes me have this sort-of, Love-Hate Relationship.

Once I've left, I'll most likely be working on Projects and continuing things like learning C and brushing up on my Java and Python. Maybe I'll do a bit of Open-Source Contributions and develop a few Prototypes.

Now FP has been an amazing place for me. I loved the Community, the Staff and how kind everyone was. But sadly, I must go on now to much better Stuff. I will continue to be active for the next 3 Days. So in that time, feel free to wish me goodbye if you want to.

I wish the best of luck to FP's Community and it's Future.

- Arvid

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
o_O
Alright, peace out.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Ace

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
I've been in situations before, where I didn't like what was going on at a forum that I was on, and at the time, the forum I was on allowed deletion of the account (like FP does by request, which they also didn't delete your posts, unless it was a specific request regarding Privacy for whatever reasons) and sad to say, it took me quite a bit of saying I was leaving, before I just left for 5 years.

I hope you will be successful this time. If you ever feel like you want to come back, feel free to and browse what you can as a guest before deciding if you do want to log back in and post again.

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
Jun 4, 2008
meowsepad.org
FP$
$10 says you'll be back by the end of the month.
Are you looking for pity or something? What good is it to post something like this anyways?
Goodbye topics always get these people who think it's cool to make replies like this. :p

While you may not see the point of goodbye topics, I don't see the point of replies like "lol good riddance" or "wow you just want attention" or "lol you'll be back" replies. These toxic replies achieve little other than making a person who maybe was on the fence about leaving solidly decide to leave a community. There's no point in posting just to belittle or ridicule people. If anything, you've given him a new reason to dislike this community.

Anyway, @Arvid, I hope you can find what you're looking for. When you find yourself having mixed feelings about a community that are becoming more negative, sometimes it's just best to take a break.

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
They get those kinds of replies because most of the time it's a rather accurate statement and after you been around a forum or forums in general long enough to see enough of these threads is why someone responds that way. Others might not say it but think it when they stumble across it. I doubt he's going anywhere far simply because by posting this thread has illustrated he still has an emotional investment in this place hence why he posted it and returns to said thread to read replies which we know he is doing because he has rated some of them. Plenty of people just quietly up and leave without saying a word and stay gone simply because they do not have or no longer have an emotional investment hence why they stay gone.

Elli

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
Goodbye topics always get these people who think it's cool to make replies like this. :p
As someone who makes an honest effort toward empathy, I don't like that type of response because it really isn't "cool", but this is the second such thread @Arvid has made so I'm fairly certain he'll return. Last time, he was back to posting after 19 days. I actually took that goodbye seriously, but I won't be fooled twice. So if he wants to go, he can go, and he can pay up the $10 when he's back before June.

D

Deleted member 44219

As someone who makes an honest effort toward empathy, I don't like that type of response because it really isn't "cool", but this is the second such thread @Arvid has made so I'm fairly certain he'll return. Last time, he was back to posting after 19 days. I actually took that goodbye seriously, but I won't be fooled twice. So if he wants to go, he can go, and he can pay up the $10 when he's back before June.
Nah, I bet I won’t be back before June.

And the reason I came back after those 19 Days was because I missed FP and got bored. Not to mention that the reason I left that time was entirely different than now.

Back when I left, my Views on FP weren’t negative. That’s changed now, which is why I’m leaving, alongside the things I’ve been caught up in.

(Anyways, I will still be here for the next 2 Days. After those 2 Days, I’ll be gone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
UK
www.google.co.uk
FP$
One thing I am confused about, why you giving yourself a countdown as to how many days till you go? Just go mate if that’s what you want. You will be back, at some point, believe me! I left this place in about 2010 and took 8 years to come back.

D

Deleted member 44219

One thing I am confused about, why you giving yourself a countdown as to how many days till you go? Just go mate if that’s what you want. You will be back, at some point, believe me! I left this place in about 2010 and took 8 years to come back.
Great question. The reason I've given myself a 3 Day-Countdown(Which has now reached 2 Days), is so that I can just spend a few more Days with FP before I leave.

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
I see this all the time on Facebook. Not from this person but from people like him on the pity person train.

D

Deleted member 44219

Well. This is my last Day here. It’s been a spectacular Journey with you all and I love all of the Replies you’ve sent me :)

I’ll no longer be on FP at 6:00pm.

Goodbye everybody. Maybe we’ll all meet again here in the Future.

- Arvid

• Sad
Reactions: danthex
D

Deleted member 44219

Well. Time to leave now, everybody.

This is my final Message to you all. For the last time, I've enjoyed FP. I've loved it's Community and everybody involved in it.

But, I must go on now. It's been a wonderful stay.

Thank you all.

- Arvid(His final Message)

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
When is 6pm for you?

VirusZero

Resident
Mar 17, 2010
endlessfight.net
FP$
Arvid will likely be back before too long. The last time it was only 19 days for the "gone/not coming back".

Most people that leave tend not to leave long dramatic messages about permanent leaving. (Which hints about "pm me for more info on the drama".) They either fade into the background (slowly stop visiting) or just cold turkey stop. The ones who leave the long messages tend to do so to look for attention/sympathy (aka dramatic flouncing). I'm sure Arvid will be watching this topic, even after leaving, to see what people have said.
In cases where someone does mention they're leaving for good, it's usually just a short note (often a PM) to those they're close with.

Personally, if I'm an admin and someone says they're leaving and don't want to return then I'll suspend their account just to stop/prevent the going/not-going nonsense and make the choice real easy. (Even moreso if I know they've pulled that kind of stuff in the past.)
I don't mind if someone's just leaving a note like: "Hey, works gotten crazy busy so not going to be around (much) for a month until it settles down." as that's a good heads up for others (especially if they're doing collaborative writing or part of a gaming clan). Plus it leaves it open in case they decide they don't want to return afterall (or things don't slow down... which has definitely happened to me).

• Agree
Reactions: Elli and Martee