• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Offering website/forum help

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Hello,

I'm looking to further expand my knowledge in web development.

I would like to try out creating websites/forums. My "skills" are a bit rusty and there is much to learn. I enjoy learning by doing real things the most.

Hit me up if you need:

• PHPBB3 forum set up (+mods, style/custom style)
  • Website set up (HTML+CSS, a it PHP), prefer static/semi-static at first
  • Any other CMS set up (Joomla, Drupal, you name it)
  • Graphical elements (banners, logos, forum signatures, etc)
  • Help with domain registering and hosting

I'll do everything for free.

This text below was written in 2011. :) Enjoy this ancient relic.

This topic is so old that I'm actually 25 years old now (first post says I'm 20). Since I am looking something to do I'll update my first post soon.
Very old topic said:
Hey!

EDIT

I came up with a new forum idea. Please visit this thread for more information & instructions how to join my team: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84442

So I'm looking for a job. Obviously. So I will talk a bit about myself and what I am looking for.

Who am I?

I'm 20 years old guy from Europe and I'm currently studying info-technology/multimedia/webmastering/designing. It covers a lot of different subjects, like Java, HTML, PHP, IT-law, drawing, web design, basics of 3D and much-much more.

I have graduated high school, in 2011.

I have been in web-master industry since like 2004-2005 when I started with WAP pages with my cell phone. Then over time I started to learn more about computers and HTML and so on.
English is not my main language, but I think I'm good enough in this language.

I'm friendly (but sometimes I can lose myself when talking to extremely "unintelligent" people) and I'm helpful.

I do care about my health, I try not to become a couch-potato.
I don't really know what to say more about myself. You can always ask questions if you want to know more. :blush:

What can I do?

Going to school is not fulfilling my needs. I have got a lot free time after school and well, in school I have lots of free time as well.

I am willing to learn different programming languages. I know a bit: PHP, Java. But as I said, if it is needed, I can start learning some languages if you have got a nice job for me.

I am also good at Photoshop and I have done some vector stuff in school so I know a bit about it. I can re-touch photos, manipulate them. I can also create logos in raster (can convert to vector if needed). I can also make gif animations in Photoshop (e.g banners).

I am also a technical advisor @ cabalonline.com. It's voluntary job.

What I am looking for?

Nice question. Basically I'm looking for anything, but it has to be promising. I'm not looking for some temporary jobs, I'd like to join something big (let's create a new Google, new Facebook?).

As I said before, I'm willing to learn. And of course, use my current skills.

Also, it would be lovely if I could earn some money from it. I'm spending a lot of money for my school and I'm forced to cut down on my food because of that (I'm not starving, no need to worry, lol).

So yeah, please leave a comment below or contact me:
MSN: kiviajamees@hotmail.com / Zaborg@live.com (2016 edit: lol, MSN :D)
Facebook: /ZaborgZaborg
PM via FP

I am open for ALL offers. So please, go ahead and try, we might create something incredible together. :wink:

Yours sincerely,
Zaborg

Last edited:

Ace

Madly Diligent
Sep 12, 2010
House
www.scripthostings.com
FP$

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Thanks for the PMs so far, it has been very interesting so far, lol. Had some interesting offers, but there is nothing 100% yet.

Shahrier said:
Lol, he said he wants to start something very big... Not staff at a forum.
You are absolutely right. And especially on some weird forums you have never heard before and which seems to have no future.

InMyOpinion

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
FP$
Hey =) Great to see you around!

I have a position open at Th#1Spot as a technician if you'd like. If you are willing to learn MyBB and if you'd like to be apart of the site, then you will be a permanent technician. If you're interested please pop by or reply here! Thank you!

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
By the way, I found out that I can do html/css pages from scratch. I had to turn one website into html/css (it was just an image of a site). I am also using HTML5 and CSS3 (love them!).

I can also create simple dynamical webpages (with PHP/MySQL) and also statistical ones.

Cap'n Tech

Resident
Jul 5, 2011
Tucson, Arizona, USA
FP$
Well, I have a forum, http://www.theforumtech.com

I'd love to make this truley great, with maybe a theme, a special homepage, something like that.I really want this site to take off. I've even got a homepage in the works for it right now, working off a wordpress:

http://theforumtech.com/wordpress.

I know that I'll never find some guy wanting to spend hours of his time working on a site for somebody else for free, but I figure it's worth a shot. I've generally tried so many times to get somebody to help me with this that now I'm selling everything I have on the internet to just buy a theme.

Let me know :)

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Hey guys. Looks like I found something for my needs and interests.

Now I'm open for small stuff, if you need a quick logo/banner/any image, let me know! :) I can also convert psd -> html/css, if it is not that big.

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Flux. said:
Zaborg said:
Looking for a blog reviewer :)
I believe that it would take a lot of time (so I don't have time to actually study for the school) + I don't have much knowledge about blogging. I am actually thinking about making a blog where I post stuff what I learn from school, so it can help others as well. But I'm not sure yet, I think I would not have much readers since it's quite uninteresting topic to read about.