Offering website/forum help

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Hello,

I'm looking to further expand my knowledge in web development.

I would like to try out creating websites/forums. My "skills" are a bit rusty and there is much to learn. I enjoy learning by doing real things the most.

Hit me up if you need:

• PHPBB3 forum set up (+mods, style/custom style)
  • Website set up (HTML+CSS, a it PHP), prefer static/semi-static at first
  • Any other CMS set up (Joomla, Drupal, you name it)
  • Graphical elements (banners, logos, forum signatures, etc)
  • Help with domain registering and hosting

I'll do everything for free.

This text below was written in 2011. :) Enjoy this ancient relic.

This topic is so old that I'm actually 25 years old now (first post says I'm 20). Since I am looking something to do I'll update my first post soon.
Very old topic said:
Hey!

EDIT

I came up with a new forum idea. Please visit this thread for more information & instructions how to join my team: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84442

So I'm looking for a job. Obviously. So I will talk a bit about myself and what I am looking for.

Who am I?

I'm 20 years old guy from Europe and I'm currently studying info-technology/multimedia/webmastering/designing. It covers a lot of different subjects, like Java, HTML, PHP, IT-law, drawing, web design, basics of 3D and much-much more.

I have graduated high school, in 2011.

I have been in web-master industry since like 2004-2005 when I started with WAP pages with my cell phone. Then over time I started to learn more about computers and HTML and so on.
English is not my main language, but I think I'm good enough in this language.

I'm friendly (but sometimes I can lose myself when talking to extremely "unintelligent" people) and I'm helpful.

I do care about my health, I try not to become a couch-potato.
I don't really know what to say more about myself. You can always ask questions if you want to know more. :blush:

What can I do?

Going to school is not fulfilling my needs. I have got a lot free time after school and well, in school I have lots of free time as well.

I am willing to learn different programming languages. I know a bit: PHP, Java. But as I said, if it is needed, I can start learning some languages if you have got a nice job for me.

I am also good at Photoshop and I have done some vector stuff in school so I know a bit about it. I can re-touch photos, manipulate them. I can also create logos in raster (can convert to vector if needed). I can also make gif animations in Photoshop (e.g banners).

I am also a technical advisor @ cabalonline.com. It's voluntary job.

What I am looking for?

Nice question. Basically I'm looking for anything, but it has to be promising. I'm not looking for some temporary jobs, I'd like to join something big (let's create a new Google, new Facebook?).

As I said before, I'm willing to learn. And of course, use my current skills.

Also, it would be lovely if I could earn some money from it. I'm spending a lot of money for my school and I'm forced to cut down on my food because of that (I'm not starving, no need to worry, lol).

So yeah, please leave a comment below or contact me:
MSN: kiviajamees@hotmail.com / Zaborg@live.com (2016 edit: lol, MSN :D)
Facebook: /ZaborgZaborg
PM via FP

I am open for ALL offers. So please, go ahead and try, we might create something incredible together. :wink:

Yours sincerely,
Zaborg

Last edited:

Ace

Madly Diligent

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Thanks for the PMs so far, it has been very interesting so far, lol. Had some interesting offers, but there is nothing 100% yet.

Shahrier said:
Lol, he said he wants to start something very big... Not staff at a forum.
You are absolutely right. And especially on some weird forums you have never heard before and which seems to have no future.

InMyOpinion

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
FP$
Hey =) Great to see you around!

I have a position open at Th#1Spot as a technician if you'd like. If you are willing to learn MyBB and if you'd like to be apart of the site, then you will be a permanent technician. If you're interested please pop by or reply here! Thank you!

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
By the way, I found out that I can do html/css pages from scratch. I had to turn one website into html/css (it was just an image of a site). I am also using HTML5 and CSS3 (love them!).

I can also create simple dynamical webpages (with PHP/MySQL) and also statistical ones.

Cap'n Tech

Resident
Jul 5, 2011
Tucson, Arizona, USA
FP$
Well, I have a forum, http://www.theforumtech.com

I'd love to make this truley great, with maybe a theme, a special homepage, something like that.I really want this site to take off. I've even got a homepage in the works for it right now, working off a wordpress:

http://theforumtech.com/wordpress.

I know that I'll never find some guy wanting to spend hours of his time working on a site for somebody else for free, but I figure it's worth a shot. I've generally tried so many times to get somebody to help me with this that now I'm selling everything I have on the internet to just buy a theme.

Let me know :)

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Hey guys. Looks like I found something for my needs and interests.

Now I'm open for small stuff, if you need a quick logo/banner/any image, let me know! :) I can also convert psd -> html/css, if it is not that big.

Zaborg

Web Designer
Jul 3, 2010
Estonia
FP$
Flux. said:
Zaborg said:
Looking for a blog reviewer :)
I believe that it would take a lot of time (so I don't have time to actually study for the school) + I don't have much knowledge about blogging. I am actually thinking about making a blog where I post stuff what I learn from school, so it can help others as well. But I'm not sure yet, I think I would not have much readers since it's quite uninteresting topic to read about.