QUICK! Ranks

Discussion in 'Brainstorming' started by Scrooge, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Scrooge

Scrooge Bah Humbug Forum Sponsor

+215
  2. Matthew

Matthew Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+7
    I honestly like the free ones because they look a bit less used and the paid ones look similar to FP.

3. Jay

Jay Seasoned Veteran

+1
    I like the paid ones, but as Matthew said they look similar to FP's ranks.

4. Joel

Joel Seasoned Veteran

+0
    They look so similar to FP ones...

5. Scrooge

+215
    I wasn't asking this. :shock:

6. Joel

Joel Seasoned Veteran

+0
    The paid ones look great. Better than the free ones. But for 2.99? Na, i'd rather go for the free ones. Unless someone sponsors me.

7. Scrooge

+215
    $2.99 won't break my bank. :lol:

8. David

David Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+12
    The free ones are designed better. It would depend on your theme though.

9. Lord Saru

Lord Saru Heart and Hands

+436
    I am against what all of the said, because the free ones look so similar to MyBB ones and that it looks so basic! I am up fro the paid ones

10. Lee Lawson

Lee Lawson Seasoned Veteran

+0
    Free ones, they caught my eye most.

11. Watch Me Sink

Watch Me Sink Madly Diligent

+0
    So much for "Download FREE forum ranks"....

12. nCODE

nCODE Reputable

+0
  13. Cocoa

Cocoa Seasoned Veteran

+0
    ...Yes you actually were, you asked which ones to get and Joel said the paid ones look to much like the ranks used here at FP. A valid reason to not get them. The paid ones would be seriously easy to get a touch up instead of paying for them. But the free ones look alright to. It's your forum, your call.

14. Scrooge

+215
    So much for reading my thread and posting a pointless post that doesn't even answer my question.

15. David

+12
    But by your logic, this is what I could say in reverse: The paid ranks look similar to FP's ranks and they are basic from a designer's point of view. I am up for the free ones.

Fluffybunny, every reply you've made is technically pointless as it doesn't answer the question.

16. Scrooge

+215
    I'm not the one meant to answer. ;) And I decided to use the free ones. Thanks for the comments.

17. David

+12
    Ok, if you want to be logical, then this won't end up well. You're first post (or title) never stated that you were "stuck" or "needed help". You just asked "Which ranks do you like the most? Paid or free?". Such a question could also be self answered, therefore making my statement valid. Brains need to be built in humans these days. Before making brash statements, I think you need to look what you're in fact asking.

I said previously, "It would depend on your theme though.". If you need these for a forum, is your theme light or dark? Obviously the paid ones won't work as the icons used seem to be white matted, so it would not appear good on a dark theme.

18. Scrooge

+215
    Oh right. Sorry, just a little angry and thought you were asking pointless questions. :oops:

It's a light theme. It's actually a customized version of the default Prosilver.

I'm using the free ranks but will buy the other ranks if I ever get feedback or complaints based on the current rank design.

19. Watch Me Sink

Watch Me Sink Madly Diligent

+0
    I figured since you already had five (5) other opinions, that one more really would not have swayed your mind the other way. So instead I decided to critique the website that had deceptive advertising.

20. Scrooge

+215
    Oh right. I understand now.