Review for Senseless Blogger.

Discussion in 'Archive: Completed / Rejected Reviews' started by Jerlene, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+204
    Site Name: Senseless Blogger
    URL: https://senselessblogger.com/
    Date Opened: This version of it was opened up in May 2018.
    Review Requested (Quick/Advanced): Advanced
    Notes: N/A

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost Review Director Moderators

+109

[​IMG]
    Your Official Review is In Progress!

Thank you for requesting our services. I have tagged your thread and will finish an official review in less than 7 days. In the meantime, you will receive informal feedback from other reviewers and members at Forum Promotion. Once your official review is completed, you will be free to ask questions and receive feedback so long as your website remains open. You will also be able to request another review in thirty days after this Official Review is completed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerlene

+204
    Yay!

4. MrDangem

MrDangem Up-and-Coming Sensation

+54
    Hello good day sir, I'm just a lazy aspiring blogger and forum owner, so don't mind my personal reviews too much.
    • Most of your posts are related to SEO which is very popular but talking about blackhats is not ideal some might think that your encouraging others to use blackhat, they might report you.
    • The logo seems remarkable but not that readable. I suggest to use simple types of font and an Icon type logo that you can use in watermarks of the images.
    • Design. is kinda modern but seems no-life to me. It gives me the feeling of not wanting to stay for too long. Maybe changing that pattern background to something will do.
    • Images. Your images is very small, you can get free and hd images at unsplash.com be sure to add some credits I heard it's ethical and good for your SEO.
    • Content. I know, short contents is recommended for SEO, but, too short is not that great for your readers. Just imagine and put yourself in their shoes and reading your posts with that amount of content it gives an unsatisfactory feeling for readers.
    • Lastly, Intent. I don't know how but sometimes I can tell what's the authors intent. If its serious about his post or his just after for something like affiliates or money. Since your post is useful I think its good, but if you can elaborate it and if possible make it a spoon-feed style of post for your readers you will surely get a tons of traffic-returns and loyal followers.

5. Jerlene

+204
    The earliest posts(all SEO related posts) are from 2007. I just don't want to delete content, you know? Mostly because those are the posts that bring in the traffic. Also, just because I talk about blackhat doesn't mean I use it on that blog. I talk about a lot of things that people frown upon. That won't stop me from posting about it. lol

The logo is a work in progress. I don't know which direction I want to go in. That just happens to be the one that my girlfriend liked the most. I will keep working on it though, but it's not at the top of my to-do list.

I was thinking of something more solid for the background but a lot of people have said they like it as is. I'll also keep working on it but again, it won't be at the top of my list.

What images? All the images I use for the posts are pretty big to me. Can you show me an examples

All my latest content are long. The short ones are from 2007, or around that time.

This blog is really just for me to share my thoughts on things. I share them as they come to me, no filter or modifications.

Thank you for the critique! I really appreciate it.

6. Jack Frost

Jack Frost Review Director Moderators

+109
    Apologies for the delay. Last few weeks have been crazy. @edenwax and I both collaborated on this review.

Official Review of «Senselessblogger.com»
    «https://senselessblogger.com»
    by «Edenwax & Ajay»

[​IMG] First Impressions:
    My first impressions of Senseless Blogger is that it's a smorgasbord of styles, designs and ideas that buries good blogging. I really like the content that you've got on your blog, but everything around the content feel like sort of a mess. To your credit, the site performs pretty well, despite getting a low pingdom tools score (67). Overall it's not a very memorable or polished website.

One of the first things I noticed was this:
    Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.41.36 PM.png

The fonts look different, and I'm not really sure as to why.

Average

[​IMG] Design Quality:
    The design feels outdated and as mentioned before and there's so many different design languages going on at once. The base theme uses an all caps Oswald font, the logo uses a hand-written-esque font and an unknown(Segoe UI italic, maybe) font for the slogan/title text, the Blog titles use Poppins, the body text uses Domine and various header tags use Playfair Display. While these are good fonts, I'd like to see the total number of fonts being used to a limit of 3. I'd recommend keeping Poppins, Playfair Display and Domine. The layout feels pretty solid, everything is spaced out pretty nicely and flows well. I'd also like to see more colour included in the design. Black/grey/white/pink is a fine combination, but I'd like to see some more pink in there. Not a whole lot, but perhaps text links in your blog posts or something. Overall the design needs work, but I think with the proper amount of polish you could make it look amazing.

This is the image of the fonts differing:
    Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.30.37 PM.png

Average

[​IMG] Site Structure:
    The overall structure of the site is great. Everything is neatly organized, and also gives a glimpse into the uniqueness of the website. The design of the website is rather simple, so there's not too much going on. It does look somewhat similar to every other blog out there, which can be a bad thing. I think it's just because of the overall look of Wordpress blogs, so even with hours of customization work, it will still somewhat depict WP. I just wish WP had more abilities to completely redesign the homepage, rather than just keeping the sidebars. I do think that it looks a bit outdated, or too similar to other blogs that have been out for years. I think dropping the sidebars, and making the main content portion larger would actually help out with the overall look of the website. I was just never a fan of the sidebars on WP like this:

[​IMG]
    I think this is just my issue with how WP looks, rather than the site so I'll keep it to myself. :p

Good

[​IMG] Originality:
    While the content on the website makes it look rather unique, the look does not do it justice. I think if you approach it differently, you'd surely gain more active users. It looks too similar to other Wordpress websites, and the design isn't that unique. It's fairly simple, with a few colors changed. I don't really see anything that separates it from other blogs. Some of the content, such as this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.36.04 PM.png

The site really needs a purpose, rather than just random posts. I think you should focus on specific news in your neighborhood, as I'm guessing that's where the idea for that article came from. It would help give the site a whole purpose.

Poor

[​IMG] Business Sensibility:
    Not really sure if this website would be the best to make money off of in it's current state. The site still doesn't really have a purpose in my eyes. I think once the articles settle into a specific niche, and the site is based on that specific topic, it'll become a great website. I think the writing style of the site is excellent. I truly enjoyed reading the content. I think before money is considered, the site needs to be revamped. It looks rather too simple, and this could harm SEO ratings. Since it's a personal blog, I'm not entirely sure if you'd want to make $ off of this or not?

Average

The thing I liked the best: The content is unique, and I like the wording of the posts. It is definitely fun to read, but after reading through a couple of posts it does kind of confuse me based on the changing of topics constantly between each post.
    The thing I liked the least: The different fonts, and there really is no continuity between articles. It seems rather all of the place, but it is a personal blog so I sort of understand the reason behind it.

Overall Mark:
    Great start to a personal blog, but it does need design work. The content is good, but it should have somewhat of a niche, or continuing story. I think it's still a good site overall.

Rating:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jerlene

+204
    Thanks for the review! Yes, the template is a bit messed up right now. I'm using a free one with no personal modifications at the moment. Not sure why the fonts appear to be different. They're the same in the css. This is something that should be taken up with the creator of it though. But, I don't hate it. I may keep it this way. I definitely need to find some time to personalize the site a bit more though. I agree that the theme is a bit dated.
    As for the content of the website, I can't seem to stress this enough, it is a personal blog. That means the content is just whatever I feel like writing and will continue to be this way. It's not a general blog, not a webmaster blog, a tech blog, etc., but my personal blog with my personal opinions on topics that I like to talk about and it won't just be on one topic, so it will always be "random" posts. The overall purpose of the site is to just allow me to speak freely. This is the reason I don't have multiple ads on the site. I have one. The site was not made with the intention of making revenue, although it does.
    I will definitely work on the theme once I have time though. It bother me as well. But the font problem isn't really a problem to me so it's not a priority. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't bring it up. lol Thank you both for taking the time to review my blog!

• Like Like x 2