Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Hi guys,

I guess it's time for a News Center update. What's going on at Forum Promotion? Well, we're working on expanding our social media presence! One of the common topics that has come up in recent Community Matters topics is the fact that we've failed to regularly update our social network accounts for some time. With that being said, we're now going to be focusing on keeping these accounts updated on a regular basis. This may not be everyday, but we'll definitely try. So, we'd love it for you to take the time to follow/like us on these various platforms. We'll gladly do the same in return!

Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. :)

We're also contemplating getting in on the Snapchat game. How would you guys feel about that?

Warm regards,
Cameron

Jon

GamingBoards.net King
Community Team
Great to hear. Social media presence is definitely a must in today's age. It's refreshing to know FP is constantly being promoted and SEO being taken seriously. Majority of online users have a social media account of some form, and I'm sure keeping these accounts up to date will allow FP to extend its wings even further.

I use Snapchat from time to time, I'm opened minded about where we could go with it.

Thanks for the update!

Glad that my posts has gone though :) I think the best beat is to find an graphic designer (FP has many members) and update the banners and profile images so that it's more professional and who ever is the designer can also do instagram images and upload ever so often.

So are you going to setup and automatic response or and feed that sends out infor to all Social Media using the RSS feed for an example and do like five to ten a day, so that you don't have to do it yourself.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Great to hear. Social media presence is definitely a must in today's age. It's refreshing to know FP is constantly being promoted and SEO being taken seriously. Majority of online users have a social media account of some form, and I'm sure keeping these accounts up to date will allow FP to extend its wings even further.

I use Snapchat from time to time, I'm opened minded about where we could go with it.

Thanks for the update!
As far as Snapchat goes, mobile app-only platforms are annoying. I already have my personal Snapchat, so I'd have to be logging in and out. I guess I need to go buy myself a burner phone for FP. :p

Glad that my posts has gone though :) I think the best beat is to find an graphic designer (FP has many members) and update the banners and profile images so that it's more professional and who ever is the designer can also do instagram images and upload ever so often.

So are you going to setup and automatic response or and feed that sends out infor to all Social Media using the RSS feed for an example and do like five to ten a day, so that you don't have to do it yourself.
We clearly need to fix up the looks of our social network accounts. They all still have the orange in them, back before this style was updated. We definitely plan on doing this with the things we have planned over the next couple months. :)

Yeah, that's definitely the way to do it. The people are on social media - so it's a good ROI. But people do hate social media - but, what can I say, Zuckerberg struck gold there.
Social media is good and bad. It's about how you use it.

Wow I'm actually surprised my suggestion was taken into consideration. @Empire Good job buddy! High 5 :D
Of course it was! :p

Reactions: Daniel
I suggested this, too. In appearance, all he needs to do is look for Twitter/Facebook Social Meta field and put a 200x200 image there. In xF2 it's called "metadata" and it appears with each post you make, right now it shows the default xenforo logo.
They never had to. There is a RSS feed, look at the bottom right corner of this page. However, I advise not to use those auto bots for Twitter/Facebook/whatever. Just do it yourself and you won't be banned.

Last edited:
Instagram is more popular than Facebook - or is it?
It is, but Facebook allows for links, whereas instagram doesn't. The only thing I'd use instagram for is branding purposes and nothing else. Now, I'm not saying you can't throw in the link to the site, you just won't be able to parse the URL so that it's clickable. If that makes any sense to you...?

Reactions: Jason76

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
It is, but Facebook allows for links, whereas instagram doesn't. The only thing I'd use instagram for is branding purposes and nothing else. Now, I'm not saying you can't throw in the link to the site, you just won't be able to parse the URL so that it's clickable. If that makes any sense to you...?
Yes

Just do it yourself and you won't be banned.
Need allot of man power and time then to do it all yourself. Like even 30mins on then after two hours back on again for another 30mins...

I use Instagram allot more the FB and so Yeah!! they can big growing allot faster

Need allot of man power and time then to do it all yourself. Like even 30mins on then after two hours back on again for another 30mins...
Then take the time to do so. Choose the right threads to put into FP social accounts. It really does not have to be as hard as you make it out to be.

I used to run more than a few Twitter accounts. They work, you just have to put in your own skin in the game.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Then take the time to do so. Choose the right threads to put into FP social accounts. It really does not have to be as hard as you make it out to be.

I used to run more than a few Twitter accounts. They work, you just have to put in your own skin in the game.
Yeah but it just has to be a consistent effort.

Look at this lol

upload_2019-1-29_19-41-37.png

A 4 month gap with no tweets.

I don’t even see these staff on every couple of hours.
that's since they all based in the same time zones, When it's morning for me as I'm based in the UK there is no staff. Even to mention that there is only three users on lol