Terrible at Web Design

Discussion in 'Web Development & Graphic Design' started by Jason76, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Staff Team

+356
  2. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+123
    I probably could make a lot of things rank, but I'm a very lazy person.
    And I don't think that theme is that bad, I've done worse lol

You just have to look at one of the themes I made for one of my forum software.
    Not Gosora, I actually like that one, but I think it was one of the ABBs.

As for other terrible themes:
    https://danluu.com/web-bloat/
    Around 2015, I was writing some C++ programs and went out to look for libraries. And all of the sites looked like that.

I have a bit more context now as to why they might do that due to the above article, but at the time, it was particularly bizarre, like stepping back into the 90s. It's probably mostly cultural.

Editted to add a bit more information and to stay a little more on-topic lol

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. simonsmith

simonsmith New Arrival

+0
    Hi Guys, I agree that as the time pass webdesign and development is getting more advanced. Also to make a website rank mean some good hard professional work in web design, development and SEO. Also monetizing a website is not easy unless you know your stuff. I have a easy solution for newbies and lazy persons who want to make money from their blog and website without doing extra work. Bundle of companies are providing these kind of services but i normally prefer only those which are registered businesses like RevGlue which offers affiliate cashback cms design services revglue.com/bespoke. Its a UK based registered company. This thing shows that these are the professionals. Anyways, everyone has its own mind. Thanks for sharing the nice thread with us.

4. Jason76

+356
    At least he bothered to divide stuff into paragraphs!

5. Santa Hates You

Santa Hates You Addicted

+141
    I heard that Walmart's new website stunk to high heaven in terms of design, and here I am thinking that YouTube's new current look was abysmal.

6. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+123
    YouTube's current design isn't too bad once you get used to it, although it is pretty boring.

7. Jason76

+356
    Bright and neon colors don't work with web design, but they're fun for non-web design. Something about computer monitors won't tolerate them. However, if you can make neon etc. a little less bright I think it will work.

8. Santa Hates You

Santa Hates You Addicted

+141
    Also noting that it's too heavy on CPU too. Honestly, it takes about four seconds for any of pages to load up! :rage:

9. AngelMcClure

AngelMcClure New Arrival

+0
    I am interested in n web designing because it's a interesting work for all talented people.

10. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+182
    That's a good domain for SEO.