Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Hey all! I am back :)
I joined in 2009 and was last here in 2016 after not being around for as much before that. I have mixed memories of all of you amazing people, but am glad to be back & hopefully meet some interesting folks.

I would love to answer some questions, so shoot away :)
Some quick facts...
  • 25 year old man
  • Have a beautiful girlfriend that I love very much
  • My lovely family lives close by
  • Been to 22 (maybe 23?) countries, some multiple times
  • Been to around the same number of US states
  • COO/co-founder of a small web & app development company (just reached a major 6 figure revenue milestone, so psyched!) ~ we've been up & running for around 18 months
  • I have owned/created and sold a variety of websites, but now I primarily work on small projects for video tutorials, open source software I have created, and client projects
  • Returned to FP yesterday because I miss you fools!
  • Was on RT & PT ages ago, received staff of the month or whatever it was called as RT member
  • Miss y'all!
Shout outs to...
Snobothehobo ~ long gone I think?
Fergal :heart: ~~ Thanks for all back in the day
Rick Ace, see you on Skype - sorry I didn't reply yet
Tindris, you here?
Luke & Max - miss you two awesome writers
Pandaa (sorry mate, no hard feelings?)
Naiwen - Good laughs!
Jerlene, thanks for your help
All you lovely people

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Why I'm on on the shoutout? :p
How's it feel to go to those countries?
ayyyy shoutout Empire :)
Great man, I did most of it when I was younger & prefer the EU the most, but definitely had good times all over. Went to Thailand a little bit over a year ago for around 12 days. Was really cool being in the local markets buying food & drinking beers with some locals :)

Woah, this brings back memories. :p Welcome back man. :D @Princess MeowsePad
Ayooo! Cheers Gio, nice to see you
How's it going?
OOOH, MeowsePad's coming through now!

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Hey all! I am back :)
I joined in 2009 and was last here in 2016 after not being around for as much before that. I have mixed memories of all of you amazing people, but am glad to be back & hopefully meet some interesting folks.
Welcome back Ghost. :)

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
I'm going to be difficult with this hot seat. I have so many questions after reading that. lol
Firstly, what are the countries you've traveled to?
  1. Thailand
  2. Wales
  3. Australia 2x / lived there for around 4 months
  4. Tahiti
  5. New Zealand
  6. Japan
  7. Kenya
  8. Egypt
  9. Italy 2x
  10. France 5x
  11. England, lived there for 3 years, visited around 10 other separate times
  12. Scotland, around 6x
  13. Spain
  14. Jamaica
  15. America, lived there all my life except for the 3 years in England
  16. Bahamas
  17. Canada 3x
  18. India
  19. Portugal 2x
  20. Switzerland
  21. Austria
I think I'm forgetting 1 or 2... ugh

Everyone saying welcome back but I will ask and you answer LOL
How many states you been in your location
  1. Washington 2x
  2. Idaho
  3. Montana 2x
  4. California 3x
  5. Utah 2x
  6. Texas 3x / lived there for 2 years
  7. Colorado
  8. Michigan
  9. Ohio
  10. Florida 2x
  11. Virginia
  12. North Carolina
  13. South Carolina
  14. Georgia
  15. West Virginia
  16. New York, at least 40x because it's close to where I live (Connecticut)
  17. Maine, 4x
  18. Connecticut, lived here most of my life
  19. Washington, D.C., maybe 4x?
  20. New Jersey, at least 6-8x ?
  21. Rhode Island
  22. Vermont, probably around 5x
  23. New Hampshire
  24. Pennsylvania, 2-3x

Last edited:

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Did you visit the beach from The Beach during your visit to Thailand?
No, I did not! I had to Google it because I am unfamiliar, but unfortunately it appears it was closed due to the extensive damage done by tourists to the corals & beach with trash, foot traffic, and boats. :(
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/03/thailand-bay-made-famous-by-the-beach-closed-indefinitely

Beautiful country though, I went to Bangkok & Chiang Mai :)
Stayed at a wonderful hotel called the Mandarin Oriental and went on a lot of tours around temples, rivers, and more. It was a blast!

What was your favourite thing about England?
I love London because I lived there for 3 years while I was in middle school, but definitely have a huge love for Sussex & more specifically, Lewis. My granny and gramps lived there for most of their lives because my father grew up right outside of London and working in the city before moving to America 30 years ago. They have amazing views of the water and country side, and incredible walking paths. Plus the train there is quite relaxing. My favorite thing about England though is the proximity to France, Scotland, and more. I traveled to many of the countries on my list while living in England for those 3 years because of how much easier it was to travel compared to flying from America.

Wales is apart of UK anyway and so you have mention both that's one countries.
Is your family rich? with you always travelling you gotta have an good job?
Yes, it's part of the UK, but it's pretty standard to refer to Wales, England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland as separate countries due to the way their actual governments are structured. But yes, you're technically correct. I think the reason people still refer to them as separate countries is because we have Wales, England, and Scotland in 'Great Britain', and then Great Britain & Northern Ireland joining together in the UK. So it's more common to see the UK as a collection of nations/countries, and Great Britain as a collection of countries.

My family is definitely very fortunate, and we always focused on travel more than having fancy cars, boats, or anything like that. My comment to Van1lla definitely plays a huge part. While living in England it was just very easy to travel. I went to France 5 times for example because it was just a train ride, Scotland at least 6 times because of a short flight & my cousins living there. Wales was just a drive away. I went to Italy a couple times too. It was more to do with them being close / cheaper to get to while living in England than us 'being rich', but we definitely have been fortunate.

As for my job - yes, I do. I own 49% of a successful web & app development company based here in the USA. My friend & business partner owns the other 51% and we have hired anywhere from 2-6 people at a time for the last 18 months. We reached our $100,000 revenue milestone a few months ago and are aiming to reach $200-250K revenue by this time next year if all goes as planned with a couple of our contracts.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
What’s a common experience for many people that you’ve never experienced?
I have never...
  • Gotten a speeding ticket
  • Used food stamps or government aid
  • Experienced my parents getting a divorce
  • enjoyed mustard
  • been in a car accident
  • gone jet skiing or wakeboarding
  • broken my arm (only fingers, ankle, hand)

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
What’s are some of your Pavlovian responses?
That question is a bit difficult to answer. I'm sure I have plenty, but I haven't given it much thought. Most of my responses are conscious decisions or thoughts to an event/stimuli & I can't honestly think of anything similar to more researched examples out there.