The ghost has stopped ghosting, I'm back

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Should kidneys be able to be bought and sold?
I think if it's regulated, it might be okay.
There would need to be a few rules...
  1. Both of your kidneys must be healthy and able to keep you alive on their own.
  2. The kidney can only be sold if a transplant patient is ready for the surgery as well.
  3. You would have to go through registered hospitals / surgeons that are approved by your government
  4. Kidney selling would be rolled out on a State level, not federal
  5. You are being reimbursed for the trouble, not selling the kidney
  6. Transplant patients would be unable to bid a higher amount for a kidney, it would follow normal priorities & waiting lists

Are you a friendly ghost?
DUh!

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
What’s the weirdest thing about modern life that people just accept as normal?
Little babies and toddlers sitting in front of televisions and computers instead of learning patience, imagination, creativity, independence, etc. They're not given enough time to develop their own coping strategies and thinking. Instead they are learning instant gratification, instant access and aren't going to be as prepared for the real world.
As a child I spent most of my time every single month of the year outside playing with my brother and neighbors, going to the beach or country club with my cousins, etc. I didn't enjoy sitting in front of a screen much, and I think that was a huge benefit to me. I'm not too sure how the younger generations will turn out

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Name something that you don't like doing that's started with the ward G
I hate gagging. Whether it's from an upset stomach or another cause, it's one of the most unpleasant feelings in the world. Although I am now 26 and can take care of myself even in the most grim of times, gagging is definitely something I like to avoid. I like brushing my tongue & back of my gums / mouth to really get a good clean, but sometimes it triggers my gag reflex & that's pretty irritating haha

What about you ?

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
God, not into it.. Lol

what's god to you?
Whoever holds the power and energy of an entire star, or better yet a galaxy. Perhaps an entity or alien king, or even a human in our own future that can control large amounts of ships and people across the skies. A species or community that can move through space rapidly and help the universe flourish with life, or in some cases even die.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
When was you last an ghosting person,,
I ghosted a few people this past winter/fall because I didn't feel like they were beneficial to my life.
They partied a bit too much and didn't spend enough time planning for their futures, so I stopped hanging & talking to a many of those people and our mutual friends. Life is a lot more peaceful now :)

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
Cookie Badge
Would you want to own a chocolate factory?

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Would you want to own a chocolate factory?
Not specifically a chocolate factory, but a company similar to Nestle would be cool. They own many things other than chocolate

It would be fun to create candy and I definitely dreamed of owning a bakery as a child, but now I focus more on tech and worldly (or otherworldly) ideas so even a multi-billion dollar chocolate factory or company would be quite dull for me.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
DO you want to own your own bank?
It would be fun to manage billions of dollars, but extremely stressful. I would worry about the economy moving forward with students unable to pay off their debt and real estate properties being extremely hard to sell right now in many parts of the country. We're most likely going to see a crash in which the government has to bail the banks out again because too many people have debt they can't afford, not enough income to buy houses from banks, realtors or private individuals, and this will all come together to be pretty bad. I imagine in the next few years we'll see the crash. So for those reasons, I would not want to own a bank, but maybe 100 years ago or 100 years in the future it would be nice.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
What unethical experiment would have the biggest positive impact on society as a whole?
I can name a few :)
There's plenty of unethical things that would likely benefit the world, but we simply cannot do them.

• Intelligence related, common sense, and other adult skill testing required to have a child to increase overall chance of success for future generations
  • Giving millions of people certain diseases or illnesses to look for naturally occurring immunity or antibodies to avoid future epidemics
  • Forcing millions of people to enter into specific fields of research instead of their desirable career to rapidly progress in certain areas such as space, tech, green energy, etc
  • Strictly forbidding any personal use of the internet - only to be used for work, research, and emergencies
  • Forced exercise & healthy rations
Of course, all of this is moot when robots take over the workforce and world ;)