Twitter account promotion

Discussion in 'Promotion Tricks & Help' started by Santa Hates You, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Santa Hates You

Santa Hates You Addicted

+146
    Since a month ago, I now have a dedicated Twitter account for my forum where I post tweets simply of some threads of interest from there, in hope to generate new traffic and hopefully, more followers. However, I've only got the one follower so far and I'm wondering if there's ways to promote the Twitter account itself so that it could get noticed more because, I don't think me making tweets all the time is going to cut it (even though I'm told that the more I tweet, the more exposure I'll get).

So... any bit of help on this please? Thanks in advance :)

2. Gingernuts Fairypie

Gingernuts Fairypie Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,902
    I have 22.3K with 643 followers. Had account since 2012 and since then I always tweet and keep on tweeting. When tweeting use most important hashtags and also tag other accounts. Then the design of your account to look at also.

I don't know, I see people grow there accounts in a month that are very big and have no problems, then people like us work to hard. :p Follow for an follower is an no no

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Santa Hates You

Santa Hates You Addicted

+146
    So, you think I'd get massive exposure if I tag the likes of Microsoft, Apple and such, than just the hashtag to do with them? I'll keep that in mind. And could you also tell me what are the most hashtags that I could use? Just a few would do, not an entire list.

4. Gingernuts Fairypie

+1,902
    I have over time. Like if I was tweeting regards an GTA for an example I tag in accounts like rock-star and maybe others that are based of from GTA.

Regards hashtags what, what are your tweets mostly about? Also I use this site https://app.dlvrit.com/ This allows you to tweet automatic with option to add hashtags.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Carlos X

Carlos X Up-and-Coming Sensation

+90
    1. Twitter is currently glitchy when it comes to follower counts. Once you get a follow, you might lose that follow just for logging out. You needed to log out for added security I feel.
    2. As Empire (he's using a Christmas username, right now..) said, use hashtags as much as possible. Some folks say 3 is enough, and some infographics say that Twitter filters out tweets by how much you use the hashtags, so don't spam it up too much. I mean, like this:
    "#MVC #MarvelVsCapcom #MarvelVsCapcom3 #MVC3 #UltimateMVC3 #UltimateMarvelVsCapcom3 [insert tweet here]"
    Most say keep it to 3 to 4 minimum.
    If you target the right people, with the right hashtag, you could be viewed in the thousands. My best tweet was close to 10k.
    3. Despite what Empire said up there, do not use auto-tweet apps - Twitter is currently suspending or banning accounts that seems suspicious of spam. So, if you're using autotweeting, I would remove it. I got suspended just for removing the autotweet or similar apps, but once I appealed the ban, they understood what happened. What happened is that Twitter groups you with spammers when you autotweet a lot, and remove your autotweet app.
    On top of this, Twitter is currently sunsetting the old apps system, that allowed you to connect your account to an off-site tweeting platform.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Santa Hates You

Santa Hates You Addicted

+146
    Tech-based news or just tech-based general stuff, but I'm more leaning towards the former. For example, this one.

7. Gingernuts Fairypie

+1,902
    They have already got ride of allot of accounts lol I used to have like 3K followers an now just under 1K Most of my tweets are from my site (uses RSS feed) but mostly I only get one tweet a week or so, other tweets are tweets that I go live.